Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Musings: 9.23.12

 

“There's a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy …” so the famous line from the movie “Milk Money” goes. That was a line I gave a male friend asking for tips to keep a newfound relationship smokin’ hot. Then I told him to go figure the rest out.

melanie-griffith-milk-money-12

Physically, emotionally, or even sexually? – the barrage of follow-up questions came.

I silently reflected on my experiences. Having been emotionally emancipated from a failed marriage for almost three years now, I have become content to remain in ‘single blessedness’ for a while longer.

How wonderful it would be to bask in the feeling of newfound love ---  much more, to even find someone as smart, sensitive, and talented as the guy asking me these questions. Meeting that someone who would touch me in a way that would drive me CRAZY would be a cosmic event that would definitely rock my universe.

But knowing I didn’t even have enough background information to fuel the chemistry between a once divorced 30-year-old guy dating a (am assuming single) 26-year-old, I resorted to sharing from conventional wisdom.

Bio clock is going tick-tock, I added.

So what is important at this age? Is the sex drive high? he wanted to know. I didn’t think insights from the cougar revolution would be relevant to the discussion at this point so I plainly answered:

Know what she needs…and expects from you, I advised.

Love is what I figured, came the reply. Kudos to my beloved friend, who has gotten himself back on the horse.

So much for words of the wise(ass). It has taken me a while to figure out what I’d need to stay happy…happily uncomplicated, that is.

No comments: